New From Health Affairs
- April 19, 2017Web First
Medical Marijuana Laws Associated With Decline In Medicaid Prescriptions
- The authors found that Medicaid patients living in states with medical marijuana laws used fewer prescription drugs in five of nine clinical areas.
- April 27, 2017Military Health
Rethinking The US Military Health System
- Arthur Kellermann says that, before adopting ideas advanced by critics of the military health system, we should examine the assumptions on which they are based.
- April 25, 2017HEALTH Affairs Events
Register for May 17 Health Affairs Forum in Sacramento
- Join Health Affairs for a forum about Oral Health, on May 17, in Sacramento, California.
- April 03, 2017CHIP
Families' Costs Rise If CHIP Kids Move To Marketplace Plans
- Alon Peltz and coauthors report that if CHIP enrollees moved into the ACA Marketplace plans, annual out-of-pocket spending for children with chronic conditions would increase significantly.
From Obamacare To Trumpcare
- Will lawmakers repeal and replace or amend the ACA? What is the background on premium supports, block grants, and private insurance regulation? Health Affairs covers health reform in nonpartisan articles and briefs plus timely blogs from multiple points of view.
Culture Of Health
- Our Culture of Health topic hub brings together Web links from the new issue, as well as other related journal articles and posts from Health Affairs Blog.
Global Health Policy
- Health Affairs regularly explores global health policy matters in journal articles, Health Affairs Blog posts, and in thematic issues.
- Physicians who treat Medicare beneficiaries are subject to a new law and regulations governing their payment.March 27, 2017
Medicaid and Permanent Supportive Housing
- Medicaid offers opportunities to address supportive housing needs, but challenges remain.October 14, 2016
How To Win The Doctor Lottery
- Not every doctor-patient encounter is healing, and it can seem a game of chance. One patient explores what it takes to win.
- From The Editor-In-Chief
- Entry Point: Tribal Health
- Eye On Health Reform
- Insurance Churn And Childbirth
- CHIP Kids Would Pay More In Marketplaces
- DATAWATCH: Seat-Belt Use In US Counties
- Physician And Patient Churn In An ACO
- THE PRACTICE OF MEDICINE: Physician Time
- Imaging Use Declines, 2008-14
- Mystery Of The Chargemaster
- Cesarean Birth Rates In Mexico
- TV Ads Boosted ACA Enrollment
- Narrative Matters: The Doctor Lottery
- View Table of Contents »
- Health Affairs Forum: Oral Health In California 28 Apr 2017
- Managing The Beginning Of The End: Advanced Disease Management And Concurrent Care Under Current Financing 28 Apr 2017
- GOP Removes AHCA Exemption Of Congress From State Coverage Limitations; Plaintiffs Seek End To Contraceptive Coverage Case Delay 27 Apr 2017
- Health Philanthropy’s Role In Uncertain Times, NIH Funding, Oral Health: A Round-Up Of Foundation Blogs 27 Apr 2017
- Value-Based Pricing For Pharmaceuticals In The Trump Administration 27 Apr 2017
Now Playing The Work/Health RelationshipBriefing February 07, 2017
- When Patients Mentor Doctors: The Story Of One Vital Bond March 06, 2017
- The Work/Health Relationship Forum February 22, 2017
- The Work/Health Relationship February 07, 2017
- The Personal Toll Of Practicing Medicine February 06, 2017
- In Opioid Withdrawal, With No Help In Sight January 09, 2017
- Oral Health In California May 17, 2017
- Securing The Future Of Value-Based Payment April 18, 2017
- Health Affairs CA Forum: Delivery System Innovation March 22, 2017
- Delivery System Innovation March 07, 2017
- After Nearly A Decade Of Rapid Growth, Use And Complexity Of Imaging Declined, 2008-14
- States With Prescription Drug Monitoring Mandates Saw A Reduction In Opioids Prescribed To Medicaid Enrollees
- The History Of Vaccines And Immunization: Familiar Patterns, New Challenges
- How To Win The Doctor Lottery
- The Triple Aim: Care, Health, And Cost
- Direct-To-Consumer Telehealth May Increase Access To Care But Does Not Decrease Spending
- Providing More Home-Delivered Meals Is One Way To Keep Older Adults With Low Care Needs Out Of Nursing Homes
- When Patients Mentor Doctors: The Story Of One Vital Bond
- The Triple Aim: Care, Health, And Cost
- Delivery System Innovation